Sunday 27 May 2012

Building the site

Before I start coding I need to make sure I have my folders set out properly so that linking all the separate parts is simple and so that when it comes to uploading my site I will not be uploading unnecessary images and files. 
The folders I need are css which will hold my styles.css, images which will hold all the images that are being used on my site, js folder will hold any javascript and jquery and I will also make a folder called working files, this will keep my Illustrator and Photoshop images as well as those which I have optimised for the web but will not be using (this will be in a sub folder called not used). Having these folders sorted before I start will help keep my folder clean and organised. 


Here is an image of my folder layout.




Now that I have this folder system I can start to code my website. For now I will build this down as a normal site, making sure that whatever order I want my divs in is the order they appear in my html and css. 

No comments:

Post a Comment