Wednesday 12 December 2012

User Testing

Now that I have made all of my changes from crit, I need to test the usability of my Ibook. For this I will need to get people to test my book and ask feedback on things like navigation, font size and choice readability, Images size, knowing where to press and so on.
For this I asked a few members of my family and some friends with different ranges of technology use.

My mum, who doesn't get on with technology, said she found navigating around the book simple as it was just a slide across the screen. She said that the text was a good size to read and the font was legible. The only thing that she missed was the sound effects on the phones as she did not think to click them, however I am not too worried about this as the sounds are just an added extra for those who click it and it does not effect the story if you do or don't hear them. 

Stefan tried my Ibook, he is very capable of using the technology and uses Ipads all the time. As expected he had no problem moving around the book and jumping from one scene to another, he also found all of the sound effects. There were no real complaints from him at all.

My Step mother, who is average with technology but does not often use Ipads also found the book easy to navigate round using the side, and now that I have changed the gallery to a clickable one there were no problems looking through the photos. The only thing that she did miss were the phones, this again doesn't cause a huge issue but maybe could have been made more obvious.

All together I seem to have got good feedback with just the phones being missed every so often, but I do not feel that for the sake of a ringing noise a play button over the top ruining the look of the scene would be practical, so for that reason I have decided to leave it and make it an added extra for those who seek it.

No comments:

Post a Comment