Friday 15 February 2013

Brand Name and Logo

When coming up with my brand name and logo I wanted it to suit my card range, to do this I started looking at the textures in my cards as the feeling element is what makes my cards unique. I found that my most used textures were squishy, smooth, shiny and fuzzy. I then started to think about how these could be changed into a fun, east to remember brand names. I decided that of all the names "Fuzziez" works best with my cards.
To create the logo I started looking for fonts associated with the word the word "fuzzy" and I came across a font called "Fuzzy Font" by font soup (http://www.fontsoup.com/) which is a font made to look like it has been cut out of felt. 



I thought this is the perfect simple logo style that fits very well with the selling point of my cards. 
To make it look a little less structured and tidy I made some of the letters bigger and smaller than each other and made sure they didn't all sit exactly on the same line, this makes them look a lot more like they have been cut out and placed down on a table rather than looking like a font face. The final thing I did was to draw a cloud shape in white for the logo to sit on as i wanted to make sure that it would stand out against any background colour. Here is my finished logo design.



No comments:

Post a Comment