Wednesday 27 March 2013

Filming

After some sketching and planning in my book, I decided to go ahead with my ice lolly melting to reveal the Latest TV logo on the stick idea. This is a very simple idea where there is a bright red ice lolly which melts over time (and is later sped up) to leave just a red puddle and a stick which has the logo etched on. The backgrounds will all be white making the colours specific to the show. 

To start filming this ident, I first set up a space where I could melt the lolly overtime without the light effecting the shot with shadows and dipping brightness. I set up a box with a waterproof white lining that could have lights shining down onto it with the camera above the lolly. I then left this to melt overtime although I did encounter a few problems along the way, the problems I had were:


  • Lolly took a long time to melt
  • Camera did not have enough space to store full video in one shot
  • Due to camera movement there are a few jerks in the footage
  • The lolly melted and ran off in one direction rather than the puddle I expected

However I have come up with some solutions for the next time I film this. What I have planned is to warm up a plate and put this under the waterproof lining so that it encourages the ice lolly to melt quicker and will also hold the liquid in a puddle rather than running off camera like last time. Increasing the speed of the melt will also sort the issue of not having enough memory on my camera and without having to move the camera to delete other videos to make space there should be no need for the camera ro be moved and therefore it will be smooth untouched footage. 


Here is the movie that I have now edited to be much quicker and I have also edited on the text for the lolly stick. 


No comments:

Post a Comment