Monday 14 January 2013

Initial Ideas

I have come up with three main ideas to pitch to the class, here are the three ideas that I have drawn quick digital sketches of.

My first idea is to have a flap up card, this would be like the old children's books with the lift up flaps that reveal sections that are otherwise hidden, this could be combined with the idea of hide and seek so you have to find the pirates treasure or find all the party quests in the card. This would mainly be given to 5 year olds, and as the UK average pregnancy age is 29, this means that the parents of the 5 year olds would be around 34 which is the top end of my given target audience for the buyer, however this card could also be spent by family and friends that could fall in my target audience of 16-34. 
Here is a quick digital sketch of what this idea could look like.



My next idea is to have a pop out of the ox card. This idea would have a small box with a spring inside that is attached to a note from the sender, the idea is that when the box is opened the note will spring out like a jack in the box. This card is a fun idea which will make the recipient laugh and will make the card very memorable. The only problem with this idea is that sending a box instead of a card is going to be more money and the recipient might have to pick it up from the post office is they are out when it arrives. However here is an example of what this idea could look like.



My final idea is to have touchy feely cards, these were inspired by the printed textures on some of the cards that I analysed earlier. On these cards they had strong textures that were printed on to make the cards look more 3d and interesting. I then decided that it would be a good idea to explore this further with using actual textures. This then lead me to think about the "that's not my" book series which is very popular with young children aged around 1. These books have bright pictures and lots of textures to entertain and stimulate children. After looking around I have found that there are no other cards that currently do this to the extreme that they would be able to be doubled up as a you. For this reason I have drawn up a baby safe touchy feely card.






No comments:

Post a Comment