Saturday 25 February 2012

Creating the effect- Final cut

After making all of the elements I needed to create my video, all I needed to do was add my countdown timer to the start of my clips in final cut and add an old effect to make the video look like it had grain and scratches on the film.
This is a still from my film before I put the scratched effect on




I downloaded a scratched film clip which was 5 seconds long, to add this over top of my clip I put it in final cut over the top of my clips and text in the timeline as you can see below, however the clip has a grey background so covered the whole of my clip as shown below.





To sort this problem I changed the blending mode by right clicking on the overlaying clip and changing its composite mode to multiply as shown below, this made my scratched layer play over the top of my clips without blocking the clips out, this effect has given my clips the full old cinema effect I was looking for, I think they now look like they could be projections from an old camera. 


No comments:

Post a Comment