Wednesday 15 February 2012

Music and font

Before I decided to use text to write every word in the speech I chose a song which fitted well with the speech and started editing some test clips to it, although I didn't like how my work looked I felt the song was a good choice and decided to stay with it. I found the song on Youtube named "Orchestral Guitar Epic Instrumental Music - Haunting Memory" which you can see here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep7w3rTcApo


Here is the version of it over my selected part of my speech.



After having decided to use the text to emphasise every word of the speech I am considering not having additional sound as I dont want it to take away from the speech itself, I am planning on making my video without a song or music over it and possibly adding one if it needs it at the end.


As for fonts, I have been looking at a few from 1961 and have found quite a mixed selection, here are four from 1961 adverts and new channels. 



For my video, I would like to use a font that looks strong and bold while still being sleek and elegant, but above all else is easy to read and doesn't take away from the actual words used, because of these reasons I feel a simple font like Helvetica would be best for my video, I am planning on using different sizes and possibly weights to emphasise the important words while keeping the smaller words such as "so" and "in" smaller and thinner to show they are not focus points. 
I will be adding my text to the speech in Motion, then exporting this out to final cut pro to add my video clips behind it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment