Saturday 11 February 2012

Old school cinema

After days of not being able to come up with anything I finally had an idea last night, it literally came to me in my sleep resulting in me jumping out of bed and frantically typing away at two in the morning in fear of losing the thought! It may not have been the best nights sleep, but its made me feel one-hundred times better about this project. 
My idea is to have an old fashioned countdown timer counting in the start of the video like they did on the news and in the cinema back in 1961 when the speech was made. This is to then be followed by the whole video being projected like it was in an old cinema, to get this feel I am planning on making the whole thing either black and white or sepia, to give the whole thing a very grainy, noisy effect and to have the clips flickering and julting. I have decided to make the whole speech appear in text as it is spoken and use the clips in the background as more of a texture to accompany the text rather than over power it. To keep the text strong, I am planning on using clips that are very close up and abstract so that they can not be recognised, keeping them from adding a different meaning to the speech. 

No comments:

Post a Comment