Friday 12 October 2012

Change of plan

After deciding to base my Ebook around the story of my Auntie finding out the truth behind her family tree, I went into lesson to discuss this with my tutor. I started by telling them a few of the other stories that my Nan had given me which I felt were all too short to stand as a story on their own, However when I was telling these mini stories to my tutors they suggested that the story would be extremely interesting if I used most of the stories together to tell a full life story of my Nan. Once they had suggested this, I couldn't quite work out why it hadn't been my idea! 
So I have now decided to scrap the story of my Auntie and do a story of my Nan's childhood. Luckily she has boxes of old photos stored away which I will be able to look through and she has also written a book about her life which I have access to and will be able to take sections out of. 
My next steps with this new story direction is to gather the story and photos together as quickly as possible in order to prepare the questions that I am going to ask in the interview. After this is done I will start doing a story plan, record the interview and hopefully have a good idea of what my Ebook will look like, with some good mock ups of the colours and themes for the pitch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment