Saturday 20 October 2012

Ibook story take 2

I have been brainstorming for a new story after the issues with my last one. This story needs to be easily and quickly accessed so that I can get all the information I need as well as photos, videos and interview done in the next two days. 
The story that suits this criteria is about my dog Archie. This story starts in 2006 when 204 yorkshire terriers were found in a breeders shed after she died of a stroke. Three pet rescue centres were sent out to help rescue the dogs from the horrific conditions they had been found in. Most of the dogs had been living in the shed without human interaction or light so a lot of them were blind and wild. Some of the dogs were also inbred and had many health problems. 
The dogs were rescued and thats when my mum rung up Kit Wilson which is our local pet rescue centre and asked to be considered to have one of the dogs. Because we had already had a dog from them before, we had already had the checks and home visit so we were accepted and my mother was allowed to chose a dog she wanted. 
When we got the dog home we named him Archie, he didn't know how to do anything from eating nicely, walking up the stairs to playing and being touched. He had a lot to learn but because we had the other dogs he picked up how to behave reasonably quickly. 
We have had Archie now for six years and he is a completely different dog. Out of the four we have he is the most attention seeking, he loves being stroked and played with and looking back we can't believe that it actually happened to him. 
This story is interesting and very accessible as all the information I need is in the news reports online which all include photos of the dogs in the shed and for the images I need to animate, I can use Archie himself. The interview will be done with my mum as she will be the main character in my book. I am feeling much happier already about this project and although I have to pretty much start from scratch, I am pleased that I have changed from my Nan's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment