Tuesday 23 October 2012

Pitch Feedback

Having pitched my new story to the class, the feedback was positive.
The tips that I have been given about my animations are to stay away from anyone walking as this will be extremely difficult to make look good and I have also been advised against drawing Archie as a moving cartoon at the end, it has been suggested that I have a series of still photos or a video of him playing with the ball. 
This idea then lead to the discussion of having the cutout effect in the background but having the important parts of the scenes as real images on torn paper to make them look as if they had been ripped off of a photo or a magazine and placed onto the drawn background. This can then be used with the sequence of stills so that my walking scenes can still be done but are deliberately choppy and not smooth, in a similar way to the title sequence for Russell Howards Good News as you can see here


The other thing that the class and I got talking about was the restrictions in Ibooks Author, as there is no auto play, my scenes would all have had a large play sign over the top waiting for the viewer to click them. I have now decided after some discussion to redesign my storyboard so that it works around this issue. I am planning on either making scenes that have clickable items rather than the whole scene being played or making a main page with options to take you to separate pages or animations.
So these storyboards will be next on my list so I can start building my story to suit Ibooks Author.  

No comments:

Post a Comment