Tuesday 18 October 2011

Attic

After looking at the idea of doing an indoor shoot and linking it to a fearful place I thought there would be no place better than my attic. This is the sort of place that no one would want to be in the dark especially when there are objects lit from underneath as this causes odd shadows and a very scary atmosphere.
I also like that fact that my attic has a lot of wooden beams around the edges which not only make it look visually interesting but also link it back to my first panorama as that was all wood based.

So I took my tripod and my camera up to the attic along with a single torch (the same one used in my previous scene). I first took photographs in full light to show the room at its full and make it look semi inviting and not one bit scary. I then left my tripod and camera in exactly the same place and took the images again but this time with the lights off. I used the torch to light certain parts of the room creating odd shapes and scary shadows making the images look spooky and dark as I did with my woodland scene.
Here you can see how much the same photo changes when the lighting is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment