Tuesday 11 October 2011

Making it 360

I spent the rest of last night putting together my second panorama using mainly the techniques I blogged about yesterday, although there were a few layers that needed extra adjustments using the levels and hue and saturation panels.
After I was happy with the look of my flat panorama, I needed to make it join up seamlessly at either end so that it would work as a 360 panorama when played in the code. This is the part that I struggled with when making my first panorama, as I was trying to take parts of the first layer and merge them with the last layer. This technique seemed to be working well but when changing the colours and levels I then found that I was then back to square one with ends that didn't match up.

It took me a while but I finally realised that if you save the image as a JPEG so that you have just one layer, you can then duplicate this (just incase something goes wrong!) and select half of the image up to a point of no interest, however if you do not have a reasonably blank section, it is best to pick a very busy point in your photograph where people will not notice if there is a slight change. Here is a screen shot showing the point I used when doing my second panorama.



After selecting the point I wanted to use, I removed it by using "cut". Before pasting it back into a different layer I first moved the other part of the image that I had left behind to the far left of the canvas. Then using paste I bought back the other section and moved that to the right hand side of the canvas so the two sides were touching again. 



Once I had my image like this it was a case of just editing it like before so that the ends blended together. After I had used a layer mask my image looked like a whole. This means that all of the image will flow properly when I put it in the code later on.
Here is my finished panorama.





No comments:

Post a Comment