Friday 7 October 2011

First Panorama

Over the last few days I have been working on my first idea, which was to have a day and a night scene in a wooded area. I successfully took my photographs using my camera and a tripod. I have also fully stitched the night scene panorama which I think looks very atmospheric and spooky. It was reasonably simple to stitch together as a lot of the background area was just block black however, there were some branches at the top of the image that were harder as the light was coming from behind them making their shape and direction very defined, although with a few layer masks and careful positioning they now all look as if they are in the right place.
Here you can see how my initial sketch and my actual panorama have kept quite a strong likeness.






I am currently stitching my day time shots together, just by looking at the photos I can see that it is going to be a lot more work than my night scene as there are so many textures, directions and levels to think about. I also think that there may be a slight issue with how the lighting changes around the panorama but this can be sorted in a short amount of time with the levels pallet.
Once I have stitched these images together to create my second panorama I will then decide whether the night panorama is more powerful and interesting, as I would like my panoramas to all be as effective and eye-catching as each other and if I feel that the day time scene is not as good, I will look at the idea of just having night scenes and playing with different lighting and locations to keep them from looking to similar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment