Sunday 2 October 2011

Inspired by Templeton

After looking through Brad Templeton’s work I realised that the most striking images were the ones taken at night with either colourful or angled lighting to emphasise certain parts of the photos and leaving other parts just dark and distant. Because this worked so well I have decided to go for a similar look with my own photographs, however I am also going to shoot the same scenes in daylight as well to give a comparison between full day time light and moody lighting so that people can see how much the mood and feel of the photograph changes when your eyes are drawn to only certain part of the photo when you may otherwise have been drawn to something else.
My first image idea is to shoot a scene in a wood. The daytime scene will show the woods beauty and make it look inviting, while the night scene will have lights eliminating a few of the tree trunks to make the scene look scary and twisted like in a thriller.
I am currently drawing up sketches for this first idea and plan on shooting the photographs tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment