Tuesday 11 October 2011

Ideas

After seeing how my night scene came out I was worried that my day time scene would not be as good, and because of this I was planning on changing my initial idea and sticking to just night time scenes instead of having the contrast between day and night.
However now I have seen how my day time scene has come out I can see how well the time difference effects your view on the area and this has made me want to stick with my initial idea and create another two panoramas which also show day and night of the same location. All I need to do is decide where I want my next location to be.
While I was searching for some inspiration for locations and possible themes for the next two panoramas, I came across this panorama.




When I saw this it shocked me how well the photographer had blended the two times so well. Although this is a one off piece by the photographer who goes by the name of "55Laney69" I loved the idea of this and wanted to know how it had been done.
The more I looked up the picture the clearer it became to how he had blended the photographs so well. I found the two original panoramas, which looked beautiful on their own. One was of this view in the bright day light while the other one showed the same scene in the night with a burnt orange sky and lights illuminating the paths and sides of buildings. The two images have such different looks and feels, one looking light and scenic while the other looks harsh and urban. 
Here are the two original images before they were blended together




When I was looking at this panorama I realised how powerful light and time is when taking photos. It also gave me faith in my chosen theme as the panoramas I have created so far, much like these above, work well on their own but could also work well in one single panorama.
This is an idea that I would like to try with my own work as it really works with my theme of comparing the same scene at different points in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment