Monday 10 October 2011

More Stitching

After sorting out the position and angles the images needed to be at I then started looking at blending in the lines so they were harder to see. To do this I first added a layer mask, after adding this I then used the black and white paint to add and remove parts of the overlapping layer, by doing this I could integrate the two layers without a harsh change, below I have added screenshots of me working with this technique.




After having done this to most of the joins I found that some were in desperate need of a colour blend. I have been taught a quick and easy way of doing a colour change between two layers using the "colour match" tool on the adjustments drop down list. It works well, however it is a destructive way of working so you must always duplicate the layer before hand so that you can go back to its original form if you need to.
So after having duplicated my layer, I went to "image","adjustments","colour match" and from there I filled in this box


In this box you can choose the layer you want your currently selected layer to be similar to. In this example I have asked for the layer to match the colours in layer 13. Once you have done this the layer will change behind the pannel making it easy to cancel and go back to the original colour. 
Here I have some more screen shots to show how well this technique works.



After changing the colour so that there is a lot less of a jump, I then used the same technique as before with the layer mask to blend the final line, giving me this result


This is how I aim to continue editing my images so they they are all seamless and look like they flow properly. I will continue this tonight and aim to finish in time to then start my research tomorrow morning to get inspiration for my second set of panoramas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment