Thursday 19 January 2012

Making the first poster

The first thing I did for this poster was to create the circles. To do this I used the Elliptical Marquee tool and the paint bucket. Once I had added all the circles in the colours I wanted I added a multiply effect to the layer and dropped their opacity to make them overlap one another. 


The next thing I did was to create my logo at the bottom of the page. I wanted a bold, simple font that was close together so it looked almost like one block. To do this I added a text box and wrote "LRB" in impact, I then changed the spacing between the letters so that it was -100. 


This then went at the bottom of the image to make it look like this is where the circles are coming from. I then added a background texture from an image I found and dropped it opacity so it was quite subtle and I then added a base color onto the background layer. To finish it off I then added the letters to spell out regeneration in different fonts and ended up with this.


After looking at this put together I decided it needed more and a suggestion that was made was to have an image or drawing in the background. I thought that would be a good idea so opened an image of a well built up street into Illustrator. In Illustrator I then used the pen tool to draw around the image to create a line drawing.




I then exported that as a PNG and opened it in Photoshop. I then dropped it behind my logo and circle layers to see how i would look. I was very pleased with the over all look of the image and have decided that it will work well as both a poster and a Leaflet cover. I may however take off the word regeneration for the poster image as I feel it may be too much for someone passing by to take in. 



No comments:

Post a Comment