Monday 30 January 2012

Chosen minute

After reading over the speech I have decided I would like to end my video with the most famous quote "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country". The brief stated that my video has to be between 55-65 seconds long, so what I did was start from the ask not quote and work backwards for one minute, at 58 seconds back, JFK starts a new paragraph of his speech so I decided that would be my starting point. The minute of speech I will be using is:


"In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility-I welcome it. I do not believe that any of us would exchange places with any other people or any other generation. The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it-and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you-ask what you can do for your country."



Below you can see this part of the speech with the words that I thought were the most important highlighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment