Friday 20 January 2012

Making the second poster

For my second poster I started in Illustrator. The first thing I did was draw a bottle using the pen tool and gave it a fill of solid black. I then dropped in Martin O'neill's image of the tree and triangles and using the pen tool again I drew around the triangles to get the basic shape, I then added my own triangles to make the shape fit around the bottle instead of the tree. 




After this I then added colour to the triangles. To make sure I got the right colours I used the eyedropper tool on the original image to pick out the best colours. Adding them to my swatches pallet meant I could use them all without having to find them again. All I did after this was to select particular triangles and made both the fill and stroke the colour I wanted it.



Once I was happy with how it looked I exported it as a PNG and opened it in Photoshop. At first I added a brown strip at the bottom of the page but after seeing this I decided it didn't work. So what I did was to use this PNG and place it over the same textured background as the first poster. I also needed to have the logo on the bottle, because I had added the textured background it looked strange to have the logo in white. So in Illustrator I added the logo to the bottom of the bottle and cut it out so that when the new PNG was over the texture in Photoshop it looked like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment