Thursday 19 January 2012

Mock Ups

Once I had finished my sketches I decided to mock them up again to get a clear idea of what they might look like. To do this I used a combination of Photoshop and Illustrator. My first idea was to have the letters "LRB" at the bottom of the image and circles bubbling up from around it. I then wanted to have the word "regeneration" scattered in different fonts. Sticking to this idea I created this mock up.


Here you can see that ontop of my original design I have also added a background texture as this is something Martin O'neill does in all of his images. I like how this is looking but feel that its a little bare. One person in my class suggested having an image of some sort in the background, so I thought I would give it a go and see how it look. I then found an image of a well developed street and created a line drawing from it in Illustrator and then added this into the background of the image above.


Now I have seen what this looks like with an image in the background I am very pleased with this design and feel this could work for both my leaflet cover and a poster.


The second idea I had was to use Martin O'neill's image of the tree and triangles and create the same effect around a wine bottle to represent the bars opening up down London Road. To do this I drew an image of a wine bottle and all of the triangles in Illustrator and then placed that into photoshop, added a white logo to show up on the bottle and the brown strip at the bottom like the original.


I am over the moon with how the bottle and the triangles are looking, I feel the colours work particularly well as I took samples from the original image to get them right. The brown strip at the bottom of this image doesn't work for me. Even though the original had this I think this idea will benefit from getting rid of the brown and bringing in the same textured background as the image before. I think with these changes this idea could become very strong.


My final idea was similar to my first in its layout but used cutlery to represent the restaurants that are coming to London Road. I drew all of this piece in Illustrator but now I have seen how it looks I will be dropping it into Photoshop to add the same textured background as the first, not only will this make the image more interesting but it will also keep a running theme between my work. I would also like to get rid of the black outline on the targets and rearrange the cutlery so they dont interfere with the targets as much. With some of these changes I feel this is another strong piece and I am very happy to continue my work from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment