Thursday 19 January 2012

Sketches

After deciding I wanted to re work my ideas i had another look around Martin O'neill's website and found some images that inspired me. The first being this image of letters coming out of a TV. 


This image has great movement and I liked the idea of the letters coming from one place, I combined this idea with my love for the coloured circles in the background of the two images below to come up with my first idea.


My idea is to have LRB (standing for London Road Brighton) so the poster is clearly branded and for this to act like the TV and to have the circles coming out of the top like in the TV picture, I also though that keeping the same theme as the TV image, I could put the letters spelling regeneration in different fonts coming up from the logo like the circles, below you can see this in a sketch form.



My next idea is based very strongly on an image Martin O'neill created featuring a tree. I love this image so much and feel there is nothing that needs improving that using this same pattern of the triangles, but instead of a tree, there can be a wine bottle to represent the bars opening up down the road. My sketch of my idea is underneath the original image.




My final poster idea is keeping the same ideas as my first idea in this entry about having objects coming up from the logo at the bottom of the page. This time however instead of the circles I would like to base my work on this beautiful image of targets by Martin O'neill.


Along with this I am planning on adding a knife, fork and spoon to represent the restaurants opening up on London Road Brighton. below you can see a quick sketch of what I think this may look like.


No comments:

Post a Comment